Romantic Winter Bedroom Design
Romantic Winter Bedroom Design – With cold weather fast approaching it is time to pull out the flannel sheets and replace your beautiful duvet with a down comforter. Along with the gray skies, these items can make a master bedroom seem drab and dreary and not very conducive to romance. But winter can also be a romantic time. Here are a few suggestions to turn your cold winter bedroom into a cozy and romantic retreat.
– Paint is a quick and inexpensive fix for any room. Painting your bedroom walls in a golden tone of yellow or taupe will add a glow during the bleakest days of winter. In the evening these warm tones will create an inviting retreat enhanced by the fireplace or soft lighting in your romantic winter bedroom.
– While flannel sheets do not appear to be very romantic, today’s flannel is soft and luxurious and comes in many colors. So replace the snowman printed sheets with a grown up solid in soft sage, rich mocha or deep eggplant. Choose the finest flannel you can afford and you will look forward to snuggling up at night.
– Primarily used for warmth, a thick down comforter can make a bed look very inviting. Place a folded quilt at the foot of the bed for added color and texture, pile the bed with fluffy pillows and you are ready to go.
– Lighting is very important to romance. In place of the glaring overhead fixture, add some attractive lamps to the room, preferably with dimmer switches. A small accent lamp on the dresser will welcome you into the winter bedroom as the days get shorter. Bedside lamps should have multiple watt bulbs to adjust the light for reading, getting dressed or whatever else comes to mind. If you are really looking to make a statement, add a small chandelier on a dimmer. Isn’t it so romantic?
– If space allows, create a seating area where you and your partner can sit and share the day’s events over a glass of wine or cup of tea.
Nothing is more romantic than snuggling up with a loved one on a cold winter night. Doing it in a beautifully decorated bedroom just makes it that much better.