- 1 Top 5 Best Down Alternative Comforters 2017
- 1.1 1. Superior Solid White Down Alternative Comforter
- 1.2 2. Equinox Comforter – White Alternative Goose Down Duvet
- 1.3 3. Beckham Hotel Collection – Luxury Goose Down Alternative Comforter
- 1.4 4. Balichun Luxury Duvet Insert White Down Alternative Comforter
- 1.5 5. Royal Hotel’s 300 Thread Count Goose Down Alternative Comforter
- 2 Conclusion
Are you looking for comfortable bed sheets or pillows, but do not want to deal with the ethics behind its down material? If so, then you might want to consider down alternative comforters. Made from synthetic material, down alternative objects offer the same comfort that down does, although it gets rid of the animal ethics behind it all. Here in this article, we offer you our top-five pick for the best down alternative comforters for the home, in order to give you the best possible good night’s sleep you can. Trust us, you will thank us later!
Top 5 Best Down Alternative Comforters 2017
With a subtle softness and a classic style to it, Superior’s white down alternative comforter strikes just the right balance between comfort and aesthetics to give you that perfect night’s sleep for you. Not only that, but also it has a memory foam bedding to remember every curve and shape of your body for the ideal sleep that you need.
- Has a subtle softness and classic style.
- Has memory foam bedding.
- Is machine-washable.
- Breathability material could be improved.
Superior’s down alternative comforter was a pretty sight to see upon opening up the package. I loved how soft it was, as well as the memory foam bedding to rest on every night. However, it got pretty hot while under it, and I wish that it was made from more breathable material.
Equinox’s alternative goose down comforter prides itself in being so soft and plush that it is like sleeping on a cloud. Made from both microfibers and siliconized fibers, it has the potential to lull you off into a calm, relaxing sleep. It is also hypoallergenic and anti-bacterial, so that it is allergic-free for anyone whose skin is sensitive to certain types of materials. Finally, it can be easily stored away when not in use, for it comes with a protective plastic zippered case to do so.
- Made from both microfibers and siliconized fibers for a good night’s sleep.
- Is hypoallergenic and anti-bacterial for people with sensitive skin.
- Can be easily stored away with a protective plastic zippered case.
- Material can feel a bit too stiff from some users.
Equinox’s alternative goose down comforter was quite the product; I fell asleep almost instantly upon resting my body on it! It was so soft and airy, and the hypoallergenic and anti-bacterial materials definitely help prevent my skin from reacting badly to it. I also liked how I could store it away quite easily in the zippered case. However, the material does feel a bit stiff, so I wish that it were just a bit more flexible.
With all-season comfort, Beckham’s king down alternative comforter is large to cover a good amount of space to ensure that every part of your body can be covered in its warmth and comfort while sleeping at night. Besides that, it is crisp while also being ultra-plush, and its siliconized fiber filling offers a comfy and cozy feel to it all.
- Is large to cover a good amount of space for warmth and comfort.
- Has both a crisp and ultra-plush texture to it.
- Has siliconized fiber filling for a comfy and cozy feel.
- Thin and flimsy in terms of material quality.
Overall, I considered Beckham’s king down alternative comforter to be fairly decent in terms of quality and size. The latter was especially impressive, with its area that covered just about every inch of my body. Loved the crisp and plush texture combination, and the siliconized fiber filling gave it that extra touch of coziness. My only gripe about this particular down comforter is that the material is not very fluffy, but rather quite thin and flimsy which is not ideal for an individual to sleep in for a good night’s sleep.
Luxurious and hypoallergenic, Balichun’s luxury down alternative comforter makes you feel like a king or queen when resting on it, due to its comfortable nature. It protects against dust mites, mildew, and mold and it is also excellent for machine washing without a problem. Its cotton and cellulose fiber blend cover also makes for a warm, but also breathable material to have a good night’s sleep.
- Is hypoallergenic to protect from dust mites, mildew, and mold.
- Is machine washable.
- Made from cotton and cellulose fiber blend for a warm and breathable material.
- Machine washing might wear it down quicker than expected.
I found Balichun’s luxury white down alternative comforter to be quite helpful in its hypoallergenic quality as means of protecting from dust mites and other things that can otherwise get into the sheets. The material was also warm, but breathable to help me sleep well during cold winter nights without feeling suffocated. Only wish was that it was sturdy enough to survive a couple of cycles in the washing machine.
At a whopping 106-by-90 inches, Royal Hotel’s goose down alternative comforter is of king-sized proportions which when used can make you feel like a king! It is made from a 300-thread count, along with a Baffle Wall Box design as means of avoiding shifting of your comforter inside, to keep it stable and hassle-free as you rest your body on it. It is easily machine-washable and it is guaranteed to last you a good while in the long run.
- Is king-sized at 106-by-90 inches for a spacious experience.
- Is made from a 300-thread count and a Baffle Wall Box design to avoid shifting inside.
- Is easily machine-washable.
- Stuffing can become bunched up after washing it.
Royal Hotel’s king-size down alternative comforter was quite lovely in terms of its massive size and Baffle Wall Box design to prevent the comforter from shifting inside, so that I was able to have a hassle-free rest every single night of the week. Its 300-thread count was of good quality, too. However, the stuffing got bunched up after I washed it, which is a bit frustrating to smooth out.
All in all, having a down alternative cover is a great way to have a good night’s rest while also being conscious of the environment. In other words, down alternative covers are made from synthetic material versus the natural goose feathers, thereby removing any animal evidence from the equation to provide an ethically-sound, even comfortable, experience for every customer to use for their bed time. By striking a balance between fluff and warmth, along with being hypoallergenic and machine-washable, your down alternative comforter can be a good investment for you in the future.
If you are looking for a best down comforter, please read our top 5 best down comforter reviews to find the best product for your home!